:: Supplies ::
- Pencil with an Eraser
- Paint Sample Strip
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (or similar equivalent)
- White Paint Marker
- Pendant Tray & Glass Cabochon (I got a kit online through fayara on Etsy.com that included both)
- Necklace Chain (again ordered online but this time through the crystalstore on Etsy.com)
- Another good Etsy store for kits like this is Bronzemetal’s Etsy Shop
:: Steps 1, 2, & 3 ::
- With a pencil, trace the glass cabochon on the paint sample strip for an outline.
- Use the white paint marker to draw your design. This example is an ankylosaurus silhouette for a custom order.
- Once the design is dry, cut out the tiny circle and erase any visible pencil lines. My paint marker dries within a minute.
:: Steps 4 & 5 ::
Apply a tiny amount of glue into the pendant tray. Smooth out glue (I used my pinky finger for this). Place the cut out design in the pendant tray. Make sure the cut out is trimmed and fits properly. Apply another small amount of glue on the design and smooth this out before placing the glass cabochon on top.
:: Step 6 & 7 ::
Firmly squeeze out all the air bubbles under the glass cabochon. Allow the pendant to dry overnight (or longer depending on humidity and amount of glue that was used). Once it’s dry, slip the pendant onto its chain. And ta-da! Done!