I’m still figuring out the details and the prize, but stay tuned! There will be an amazing piece of art that will be given away!
:: Supplies ::
- Pencil with an Eraser
- Paint Sample Strip
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (or similar equivalent)
- White Paint Marker
- Pendant Tray & Glass Cabochon (I got a kit online through fayara on Etsy.com that included both)
- Necklace Chain (again ordered online but this time through the crystalstore on Etsy.com)
- Another good Etsy store for kits like this is Bronzemetal’s Etsy Shop
:: Steps 1, 2, & 3 ::
- With a pencil, trace the glass cabochon on the paint sample strip for an outline.
- Use the white paint marker to draw your design. This example is an ankylosaurus silhouette for a custom order.
- Once the design is dry, cut out the tiny circle and erase any visible pencil lines. My paint marker dries within a minute.
:: Steps 4 & 5 ::
Apply a tiny amount of glue into the pendant tray. Smooth out glue (I used my pinky finger for this). Place the cut out design in the pendant tray. Make sure the cut out is trimmed and fits properly. Apply another small amount of glue on the design and smooth this out before placing the glass cabochon on top.
:: Step 6 & 7 ::
Firmly squeeze out all the air bubbles under the glass cabochon. Allow the pendant to dry overnight (or longer depending on humidity and amount of glue that was used). Once it’s dry, slip the pendant onto its chain. And ta-da! Done!
It’s been awhile since updating my website … only since 2012 or so. Yikes!
Nonetheless, I decided to switch things up a bit! I was using the main page on my website as a blog before, and the extra pages to show past work, or simply storage for photos and files. This needed to be fixed!